Our target is to raise £5 million.
To finish paying for the the last stage stage of building work, we need to raise:
- £500,000 to finish of the insides of the parish rooms and accommodation block
- £500,000 to finish the inside of the library, build shelves and install them
Gifts can be made in your own name, anonymously, or in memory of a family member or loved one. These names will be inscribed in a benefactors' book to be kept permanently on display. Mass is offered weekly for all benefactors.
It is possible to sponsor specific items or portions of the projects — even entire buildings!
To demonstrate how our £5 million target can actually be achieved, we break it down into achievable donations given over a 5 year period, making the target less daunting. These fall into three categories: Community Gifts, Key Gifts and Major Gifts. Of course, we are grateful for all donations, one-off or continuous, big or small.
We need at least 360 people to offer Community Gifts. For example:
- A weekly gift of £2 to £12, or
- A monthly gift of £8.50 to £50, or
- Other gifts totalling £500 to £3,000
We need at least 140 people to offer Key Gifts. For example:
- A weekly gift of £19 to £115, or
- A monthly gift of £84 to £500, or
- Other gifts totalling £5,000 to £30,000
We need at least 30 people to offer Major Gifts, totalling £50,000 to £300,000.
The table below shows what we call a Scale of Giving, and is an example of how these gifts add up over 5 years. This table does not predict any actual pattern of giving, but shows how achievable the target can be when divided into bite-sized manageable chunks.
|Size of Annual Gift (£)||Size of gift over 5 years (£)||Number of gifts required||Total (£)|